I was a big fan of the AMC show Breaking Bad which concluded this year. For those who don’t know, it was a show about the misadventures of an average middle aged guy as he descends into the seedy business of producing and distributing crystal meth. The focus on the show was the characters, the drug trade and family drama. But there were also many other layers to the show, including the presence of various foods.
I randomly woke up the other day with an idea for a Breaking Bad cookbook. Not instructions on how to synthesize or “cook” meth, but rather collection would be a humors take on how to prepare and serve some of the foods featured in the show.
Here are a few dishes I thought of:
- Flynn’s Flapjacks
- Heisenberg’s PB&J
- Skylar’s Greenbeans and slivered almonds
- Hank’s ‘Schraderbrau’ brew
- Gus’s Chilean Paila Marina
- Los Pollos Hermanos Fried Chicken with Madrigal Franch Sauce
- Lydia’s Camomile Tea with Soy Milk (and Stevia)
- Tuco’s Tight! Tight tight, yeah! Burritos
- Jesse’s Funyuns with Chili P (Chili Powder)
- Venezia’s Cost-Saving Uncut Pizza
Which am I missing? The show was so dense I’m sure there are a few other good ones out there!